So one week later we decided to move on from rice cereal and try some vegetables. After talking with a few friends, I have decided to make my own baby food. It is healthier and so much cheaper. My first attempt went great. I steamed carrots, green beans, and zucchini. After the vegetables were steamed, I put them in the blender with some breast milk and the result was homemade baby food. I tasted all three, and I was not a big fan of the carrots. We will have to wait to see what little man thinks.
We gave Cole green beans first. He seemed to like them. Cole is opening his mouth a lot more and is starting to figure out the whole eating thing. By the end of the bowl, I think the green beans were a success.
Keeping along with the green veggies, tonight we tried zucchini. It was a hit!
The whole food thing has been fun thus far. Cole gets solid food once a day somewhere between 5 and 6 each night. Eventually we will have the babysitter give him some, but I am not ready to release that control yet. Can't wait till Saturday at the Farmer's Market to see what new fresh vegetables I can get my hands on. Now for some more exciting news, after a month of drooling Cole started cutting his first tooth. It is his bottom right front tooth. You can barely see it, but you can feel the sharp little sucker for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment