Sep 3, 2011

About Time

So school started last month and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be being back at work. Cole goes to bed so early that by the time I pick him up after school, we only get between 2 and 3 hours together each night. That equals a whopping 10-15 hours a week. Being a working mom sucks, to say the least. On top of not getting to see Cole as much as I would like, my class this year is the hardest group I have had yet. They love to talk. I guess this is payback from all the talking I did in school. They are each sweet individually, but when you put all 25 on them in one room, it makes for a crazy day. All of last week, I skipped one lesson each day. I couldn't seem to fit it all in. On top of a hard class, I am still pumping at work twice a day. This means I eat lunch in the bathroom while I pump (so I am not late for recess duty), and I have to pump during my planning period each afternoon. I am not nearly as productive for some strange reason. Did I mention that my team changed again this year. Check out the new 2nd grade group!
So enough complaining, lets talk about the good that has come from this month...My mom got to come up for a weekend visit. We went on a walk, enjoyed the Fayetteville Farmer's Market, and we even got to go see "The Help." If you have not seen this movie, I highly suggest it. Overall, it was a great weekend, and I truly love seeing my mom and Cole together. I just wish she lived closer.

 I went to White Water on an all day girl's trip to Branson, MO. We went to celebrate my dear friend Jessica's birthday. It was a blast just spending time with my friends and enjoying the summer. 


I saved the best for last....Cole turned 6 months old on August 21st!!! He has stolen my heart, that is for sure. It is amazing and scary how much he has changed this past month.

*20lbs 8oz  (90% in weight)
*27 inches (70% in height)
*got his first 2 teeth, bottom front ones
*started eating food (rice cereal, green beans, peas, zucchini, squash, carrots, avocado, and bananas)
*sleeps from about 7:30 to 4:30, eats and then goes back down for another 2-3 hours
*makes noises like crazy, even says daaadaaaa
*close to crawling, he scoots backwards, turns in a full circle, gets on all fours in a plank position, humps/bounce on his knees and hands, and lunges forward
*truly loves bath time, he love to splash the water play with his rubber duck and his octopus rattle
*loves to grab at the pets and stare at them from across the room

No comments:

Post a Comment