I realized that I have not shared Cole's room yet. We used brown, blue, and green in his room. The typical boy colors but I think we did a good job of adding our own unique twist to it. Luke suggested adding a chair rail to the room, and doing the walls two colors. I loved the idea and went with it. I wanted a room that was more modern looking, so I chose the circle and dot pattern. After finding the the bedding, we had our friend Deanna make the curtains. Another friend Emily Williamson painted the canvases that hang above his bed. You can check out more of her canvases on facebook at paintilly designs
I got a little crafty myself and made a picture board to hang above his bookshelf. I bought a framed corkboard from Hobby Lobby, and then painted it the wall color. Next, I overlapped 2 ribbons in a checkered pattern and used some pearl-snap looking stickers to make pushpins. I think it turned out pretty good for a Sunday afternoon art project.
We put four white frames above the changing table with pictures of Little Man in them. I figure we will change them out periodically. Our last project was the closet. Luke put in a new shelving system. It was much needed, and it really gave us more storage. I had my friend Alesha make tags for the baskets.You know how I like organization.
The last little touch is a canvas that we got as a gift from Lauren Henry at one of our baby showers. It is an announcement canvas with Cole's footprints, weight, length, and birthday. I just love it!
So for those of you that live afar and have not been able to come visit, I hope you liked your sneak peak into Cole's room. I think it is pretty cute if I do say so myself .
No comments:
Post a Comment